Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Apologies

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Jason Menard:

But just because we'll take it, don't delude yourself into believing that your financing or approval is actually required.

From Times On Line
Former allies urge Bush to be cautious
"CANDID Republican friends, hostile European partners and aghast Arab allies have combined to persuade President Bush that he has much to do before attacking Iraq.
The President yesterday bowed to international criticism and promised to work harder with US allies overseas and with sceptical congressmen. His concession fell well short of a change in policy. "
As always he is changing his policy. Investors don't know how to take the news with him
From G.W.Bush
"Mr Bush said that Saddam posed �real threats, and we owe it to our children to deal with these threats�. But he continued: �I promise you that I will be patient, and deliberate, that we will continue to consult with Congress, and of course we�ll consult with our friends and allies. We�ll discuss these threats in real terms."
"I will explore all options and all tools at my disposal: diplomacy, international pressure, perhaps the military. But it�s important for my fellow citizens to know that as we see threats evolving we will deal with them. We must deal with them.�
Quite a U-turn.
Ooooh my God the money is not coming

Younes Essouabni
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Younes Essouabni:
[post deleted]
Sorry but we aren't going to be continuing this discussion here. You want to talk about 9-11 then go to MSNBC.com.
[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: Thomas Paul ]

The polls are closely linked to 9-11. All I said is the polls are in favor to Bush since 9-11, and they weren't before that, and they won't be for longer.
Thomas if you don't want to talk about the 9-11, you should stop all the discussion about USA and USA foreign policy.
It's not anymore a taboo, just look at this.

Bush exploiting tragedy, claims Democrat
by tim reid
A TOP Democrat has accused President Bush of exploiting the September 11 terrorist attacks for political advantage � an accusation that would have been unthinkable even a month ago.

I think that this kind of censor have no place here, especially when every people stay polite and respectfull.
{Tom: you mean like the link you included?]
[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: Thomas Paul ]

mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Younes Essouabni:

From Times On Line
... His concession fell well short of a change in policy. "
As always he is changing his policy.

So which is it?
Thgis whole discussion has gone completely off topic and is heading for dangerous waters. Topic is closed.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic