wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Slumdog Millionaire Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of The Java EE 7 Tutorial Volume 1 or Volume 2 this week in the Java EE forum
or jQuery UI in Action in the JavaScript forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Slumdog Millionaire" Watch "Slumdog Millionaire" New topic
Author

Slumdog Millionaire

Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju
Ranch Hand

The whole concept must have been copied ..from a civil engineer who could not get a Java Engineer position in SUN.
They made millions ......... do you still want Rs.100 from me to add to their account seeing this *** movie !!!
Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand

I can't believe people take movies so seriously! Its a commercial project, a film produced with the intention of making money. It was particularly enjoyable, reasonably shocking and thought provoking and also rather timely since the world has a lot of feelings towards Mumbai and its people after what they went thru recently (terrorists attacks). Do not expect it to change the fortunes of the slum people over night, or don't expect it to ruin everything for rest of India either.

Its just a film!

[ flickr ]
Vikas Kapoor
Ranch Hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQnK3iuJ1E Watch it 2minutes onwards.
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

I watched the movie..I didn't find anything great about the movie..I wonder how it got an Oscar..

Helping hands are much better than the praying lips
Veeraraghavan Pasupathi
Greenhorn

JAI HO.............................

Veeraraghavan P
IT Professional
Nandan Jain
Ranch Hand

One of the good movie to watch. Mumbai is a place where where whole shooting took place and few parts of the city are exactly same as shows in the movie. There is a biggest slum area in Asia called DHARAVI. Life of the people in Dharavi is same what is shown there, except few disgusting scene which I don't like. Remember Jamal and that little girl (I forgot her name) are now starts in India. Both of them got a Flat in posh area in Mumbai and they are looking for more movies.
Vikas Kapoor
Ranch Hand

(I forgot her name)

Latika.

permaculture playing cards

subject: Slumdog Millionaire