Win a copy of Design for the Mind this week in the Design forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Actors and shared roles

 
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3036
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, Sweeney Todd was originally a Broadway musical - that's what Angela Landsbury and later Patti LuPone starred in. Though it does turn out that both are listed in IMDB as TV movies, so that's a little closer to the sort of "actor" that has dominated the discussion in this thread thus far.
 
Tim McGuire
Ranch Hand
Posts: 820
IntelliJ IDE Tomcat Server VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
John Ritter, Vincent Price, Robert Deniro, Gabriel Byrne, Peter Stormare among many others
 
Greg Charles
Sheriff
Posts: 2985
12
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mike Simmons wrote:Well, Sweeney Todd was originally a Broadway musical - that's what Angela Landsbury and later Patti LuPone starred in. Though it does turn out that both are listed in IMDB as TV movies, so that's a little closer to the sort of "actor" that has dominated the discussion in this thread thus far.


I included two Broadway actresses in my OP, so as far as I'm concerned, that's fair game, especially if the actor originated the role, or was otherwise famous for playing it.

OK, new rule: someone post some easier ones! I'm completely baffled at this point.
 
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3036
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tim McGuire wrote:John Ritter, Vincent Price, Robert Deniro, Gabriel Byrne, Peter Stormare among many others

Probably Satan / Lucifier / the Devil. Though now I have to look up when Ritter did that. :)
 
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3036
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg Charles wrote:
Mike Simmons wrote:Well, Sweeney Todd was originally a Broadway musical - that's what Angela Landsbury and later Patti LuPone starred in. Though it does turn out that both are listed in IMDB as TV movies, so that's a little closer to the sort of "actor" that has dominated the discussion in this thread thus far.


I included two Broadway actresses in my OP, so as far as I'm concerned, that's fair game, especially if the actor originated the role, or was otherwise famous for playing it.


Ah, yes. Not to mention Yul Brynner. But I was thinking all those had been in movies as well -- in that, however, I was mistaken about Mary Martin. Oops.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 20995
76
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg Charles wrote:OK, new rule: someone post some easier ones! I'm completely baffled at this point.


I tried, but I got make fun of ... .... okay, how about....


Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender




 
Greg Charles
Sheriff
Posts: 2985
12
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Henry Wong wrote:
Greg Charles wrote:OK, new rule: someone post some easier ones! I'm completely baffled at this point.


I tried, but I got make fun of ...


Only because you prefaced it with, "here's a hard one," and then asked about Buffy the Vampire Slayer on a nerd board.

Henry Wong wrote:
.... okay, how about....


Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender


Still too hard. I've never even heard of Michael Fassbender. Sounds like a made up name to me. Let's issue a name warning.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 20995
76
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg Charles wrote:
Henry Wong wrote:
.... okay, how about....


Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender


Still too hard. I've never even heard of Michael Fassbender. Sounds like a made up name to me. Let's issue a name warning.



To continue on the same pattern (meaning the answers are related to each other) ....


James Marsden and Tim Pocock
Rebecca Romijn (Stamos) and Jennifer Lawrence
January Jones and Tahyna Tozzi


Henry
 
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3036
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think you're stuck in a rut, Henry.
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 42967
73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg Charles wrote:
Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender

Still too hard. I've never even heard of Michael Fassbender.

He's a German actor who's become quite well-known here in the last few years. I'd have guessed Rochester in Jane Eyre, but apparently Ian McKellen never played that role in a movie.
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 12097
30
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Henry,

Your questions are X-tremely hard. maybe you should X-plain them?

 
Matthew Brown
Bartender
Posts: 4566
8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
OK, here's an easy one. Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.
 
Tim McGuire
Ranch Hand
Posts: 820
IntelliJ IDE Tomcat Server VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Linda Lavin and Ellen Burstyn
 
Tim McGuire
Ranch Hand
Posts: 820
IntelliJ IDE Tomcat Server VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Henry Wong wrote:

Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender



I just watched these. MAGNETO
 
Tim McGuire
Ranch Hand
Posts: 820
IntelliJ IDE Tomcat Server VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Matthew Brown wrote:OK, here's an easy one. Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.


this reminds me of when trekkies posted easy questions to chatrooms and then ridiculed those who answered.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 20995
76
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tim McGuire wrote:
Matthew Brown wrote:OK, here's an easy one. Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.


this reminds me of when trekkies posted easy questions to chatrooms and then ridiculed those who answered.


but..... these aren't the trekkies that you're looking for.... move along.

Henry
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 12097
30
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
trekkies or trekkers? There is a difference, from what I understand.
 
Greg Charles
Sheriff
Posts: 2985
12
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Matthew Brown wrote:OK, here's an easy one. Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.


Ha! Obi Wan Kenobi

Ridicule away.


Tim McGuire wrote:Linda Lavin and Ellen Burstyn


Alice? I didn't realize, or possibly just don't remember, that those were supposed to be the same character.
 
dennis deems
Ranch Hand
Posts: 808
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Joe Ess wrote:
Dennis Deems wrote:
Ulf Dittmer wrote:A bit more recent:

Brad Pitt, Edward Norton


Er, SPOILER ALERT ?


Can you spoil a movie that came out 13 years ago?

Yes.
 
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3036
10
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Seems like something the was much less spoilery before someone else drew attention to it. An example of the Streisand effect, I suppose.
 
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Posts: 1557
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Michael Nyquist and Daniel Craig

Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando
 
Joanne Neal
Rancher
Posts: 3742
16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Anayonkar Shivalkar wrote:Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando

Don Corleone
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 12097
30
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Edmund Gwenn and Richard Attenborough
 
Joanne Neal
Rancher
Posts: 3742
16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:Edmund Gwenn and Richard Attenborough

I've never heard of Edmund Gwenn so I'm going to take a guess based on films that Richard Attenborough was in that have been remade.
Pinkie from Brighton Rock ?
 
Hussein Baghdadi
clojure forum advocate
Bartender
Posts: 3479
Clojure Mac Objective C
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Heath Ledger ~ Jack Nicholson
 
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Posts: 1557
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hussein Baghdadi wrote:Heath Ledger ~ Jack Nicholson

The Joker
 
dennis deems
Ranch Hand
Posts: 808
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Joanne Neal wrote:
fred rosenberger wrote:Edmund Gwenn and Richard Attenborough

I've never heard of Edmund Gwenn so I'm going to take a guess based on films that Richard Attenborough was in that have been remade.
Pinkie from Brighton Rock ?

I think he's going for Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street; wasn't there a remake a few years ago starring Attenborough?
 
dennis deems
Ranch Hand
Posts: 808
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
a. Rosalind Russell, Bette Midler
b. Rosalind Russell, Lucille Ball
c. Rosalind Russell, Jack Lemmon
 
Joanne Neal
Rancher
Posts: 3742
16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dennis Deems wrote:I think he's going for Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street; wasn't there a remake a few years ago starring Attenborough?

Okay. In that case (after a quick Google)

Richard Attenborough, Sam Riley
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 12097
30
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dennis Deems wrote:I think he's going for Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street; wasn't there a remake a few years ago starring Attenborough?

correct.

And by "a few years ago" you mean eighteen, right?
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic