aspose file tools*
The moose likes Java in General and the fly likes Please help with my program Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Java in General
Reply locked New topic
Author

Please help with my program

Steve Fahlbusch
Bartender

and what i mean from very specifically....

copy / paste the commands you use to compile and run

copy / paste the output of the above

And tell us all what you expected prior to doing the above.

The more you share, the more we can help
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

All things are solved but I still cannot connect to the database, what is wrong? Do I have to install separate database driver for Ms. Access? Why do I get the screen to become blank at some places but after I scrool the mouse over some areas, some buttons appear? What is happening?
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

You know, when I try to create new connection to database, this error message is shown by Java:

Cannot establish a connection to jdbcdbcatabaseKlinik using sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver ([Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified)

What should I do?
Stuart A. Burkett
Ranch Hand

Tawi Oei wrote:You know, when I try to create new connection to database, this error message is shown by Java:

Cannot establish a connection to jdbcdbcatabaseKlinik using sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver ([Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified)

What should I do?

This post might help.
Or you could go through the JDBC tutorial to make sure you've got everything configured correctly.
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

How can I know whether my system is a 32 bit system or 64 bit system? How to set the Datasource from Services after we right click the JDBC-ODBC Bridge? I am using a 586 NetBeans version, so what should I do? Why can't I enable the masuk button after any of txtnama or sandiKata being left blank by a user?
Mansukhdeep Thind
Ranch Hand

Tawi Oei wrote:How can I know whether my system is a 32 bit system or 64 bit system?

Click on Start button and then right click on Computer. Then click on properties menu. Check the property set against System Type. You will come to know what system you have.

Tawa Oei wrote:
How to set the Datasource from Services after we right click the JDBC-ODBC Bridge? I am using a 586 NetBeans version, so what should I do? Why can't I enable the masuk button after any of txtnama or sandiKata being left blank by a user?

Not sure what you mean by this..

~ Mansukh
Steve Fahlbusch
Bartender

Note: not to cap on you, but to guide you..........

How can I know whether my system is a 32 bit system or 64 bit system?

even before posing here you should know this -- if not google to find out how you can determine.

How to set the Datasource from Services after we right click the JDBC-ODBC Bridge?

This can easily be found by googling. Note you have picked probably the worst back end database for a java program. probably the worst back end database for anything. Those out there.... i like access - i just dont like trying to front end a java program to access.

I am using a 586 NetBeans version, so what should I do?

drop netbeans - compile/run from the command line

Why can't I enable the masuk button after any of txtnama or sandiKata being left blank by a user?

This is code issue which you must drill down to and debug.
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

Well, may I post all of my code to this forum?
Stuart A. Burkett
Ranch Hand

Tawi Oei wrote:Well, may I post all of my code to this forum?

You can post all the relevant code. If you try posting all your code as you have done before and then expect someone to find out what your problem is, then you are going to be very disappointed.

Also make sure you UseCodeTags and also post full and precise details of what the problem is.
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

Ok, please open http://www.tawijakarta.blogspot.com and see Java Program III article. What should I do? Why don't the JOptionPane show up?
Jeff Verdegan
Bartender

Tawi Oei wrote:Ok, please open http://www.tawijakarta.blogspot.com and see Java Program III article. What should I do? Why don't the JOptionPane show up?

Once again. if you start with a small program and get it working, and then add to it in small increments, you will have a much easier time finding your problem. Additionally, when you do hit a problem, you'll be able to post sample code here without irritating people by it being 1300 lines long.

I know you're going to claim you don't have time to do it the right way, but the simple fact is, it will take less time to do that and you may actually learn something. I would think a Master's candidate would be interested in learning.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Stuart A. Burkett wrote:
Tawi Oei wrote:Well, may I post all of my code to this forum?

You can post all the relevant code. If you try posting all your code as you have done before and then expect someone to find out what your problem is, then you are going to be very disappointed.

Also make sure you UseCodeTags and also post full and precise details of what the problem is.

Tawi Oei wrote:Ok, please open http://www.tawijakarta.blogspot.com and see Java Program III article. What should I do? Why don't the JOptionPane show up?

Yeah, I think that most ranchers are now tired of going through 1300 lines of code, with little effort from the OP in explaining the problem, and no effort whatsoever at isolating the problem. And this is regardless of whether it is posted here, or via a link..... but who knows? Maybe someone new will arrive and be willing to help under such conditions?

Henry

Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

Well, I want masuk button to be disabled if the username and password in the first screen match the username and password in the database but if any of username are not matching, I want the program to show a JOptionPane and enable the masuk button in every other cases, how to do that?

Here is the code, I have frame baru seperated in other file.

Please help me ok?
Steve Fahlbusch
Bartender

Ok, please open http://www.tawijakarta.blogspot.com and see Java Program III article. What should I do? Why don't the JOptionPane show up?

Here is the problem here...... if you actually wrote that 1300 729 lines of code, this should be obvious.

once again, you dont share what you are doing, you are not cutting this down to a small example that shows the issue. and you are not sharing what the issue really is......

please step back and tell us: what you doing, where the problem is, what you want us to help you with...... and remember if there is a specific issue, create a small program to show us what the issue is.

Tawi Oei
Ranch Hand

Steve Fahlbusch wrote:

Here is the problem here...... if you actually wrote that 1300 lines of code, this should be obvious.

once again, you dont share what you are doing, you are not cutting this down to a small example that shows the issue. and you are not sharing what the issue really is......

please step back and tell us: what you doing, where the problem is, what you want us to help you with...... and remember if there is a specific issue, create a small program to show us what the issue is.

How can I do that if I do not know what is wrong?
Steve Fahlbusch
Bartender

how can you write those mega line whitout???
Mack Wilmot
Ranch Hand

I did a search on Google and he has posted this to at least 10 different forums.
Steve Fahlbusch
Bartender

oh he is on many, many sites.

his questions now support that he has not written this code but has copied it and want to change it to support his masters project.

Jeff Verdegan
Bartender

This thread is going in circles. I do not believe anything productive can come of it. I'm locking it.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Please help with my program