• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

no response from tomcat

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have a jsp page, which uses java-beans. I am using tomcat 4.0.4. I'm also using SSL in order to get a secure connection to this page. This page has been working fine for quite some time now, but lately it has started to act weird. Most of the time it works fine, but approximately once a day, it is impossible to display the page in my browser. This lasts for about an hour, and all of a sudden, it will display correct again. What happens is this: I enter the URL in my browser, and I'm informed that I'm about to enter a "secure site", I enter my username and password, and then the browser just loads for ever (nothing is displayed). The tomcat log doesn't display any errors, and it doesn't seem like my jsp page is ever read (the first line in my jsp page is a system.out, but this line is never written in the tomcat log). The reason why I think this is a tomcat related problem, is that when I restart my tomcat, the page will display correctly again.

I know that the info I have posted here might not be enough to make any conclusions, but I'm happy for any feedback on this one.

Thanks

Eivind

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Try restarting the Server every time? (Though not the cause)

Try emptying the work folder and try loading your page again.

Cheers,
Swamy

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You might want to try upgrading to the latest Tomcat 4.1.30 (I think)
Bill

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic