• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Configuring DataSourceRealm in Tomcat 5.5

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am trying to configure a DataSourceRealm in Tomcat 5.5. My application database (mysql) is configured within server.xml context element and the resource-ref elements of my apps web.xml. This works fine, no problems encountered yet.

I have set up the necessary tables in my user database and configured it in the exact same way within server.xml and web.xml, adding the necessary realm element also within the context element of server.xml. I am not being prompted for a username and password when I try to access the application, nor is there any exception or error logged.

I have tried configuring it as a global resource with the same results. Are there any steps that I am omitting or doing wrong? Does anyone have a definitive guide to setting this up? I have tried the various methods in the tomcat "how to" docs.

Thanks in advance, Craig

permaculture is a more symbiotic relationship with nature so I can be even lazier. Read tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic