• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Client login on 3.2.5

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,

I know this is a very common subject everywhere, so I'll let you know that I have been through JBoss manuals, examples and some topics in Javaranch, including a How-To.
I did everything they tell, but still no success. My current status is: I have a web app accessing security through form authentication and j_security_check. This works, so I know the EJB layer configuration is fine, right? The problem is that I cannot log in from a client (swing) application.

Server config is as follows:

${JBOSS_HOME}/conf/login-config.xml

The ClientLoginModule options were an unsuccessful attempt, but I left them there just in case.

ejb-jar.xml (XDoclet-generated, snippet of the security configs for the test bean)

${MYAPP}/authentication.conf

${MYAPP}/policy.conf (the absence of this file made no difference at all)

Finally, my application login code. The first hint I received was to create my own CallbackHandler which would display a login dialog, exactly what I needed.

and the login code:

The How-To mentioned at the beginning of the post returned the same results, so I chose to stay with the vendor independent approach. The login frame is shown, however any value that I enter for user and pass do not raise exceptions at all. Then I try to invoke the EJB; the username is seen on the other side through EJBContext.getPrincipal().getName(), but EJBContext.isUserInRole("admin") throws this exception:

I'm sorry for such a long post, but all help is welcome.
[ November 04, 2004: Message edited by: Henrique Sousa ]

Henrique Sousa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Update

After double-checking JBoss/JAAS how-to, I added the the security-domain element to jboss.xml:

Then I added the appropriate method permissions to all beans, otherwise I would get an exception: "java.lang.SecurityException: No method permissions assigned to method=...".

This way I was able to log in. No more , just

I'll keep you posted if I missed some detail. I can barely believe I did it

My favorite is a chocolate cupcake with white frosting and tiny ad sprinkles.
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic