• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

To authors JBOSS and EJB3.0

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
How jboss will help developers with ejb 3.0. What are the additional features jboss implemented ? How to migrate an application developed in EJB 2

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I want to talk about EJB3 more later when I have a bit more time. If you want to get a taste for EJB3, I suggest looking at the EJB3 TrailBlazer. It will give you a taste of EJB3 development.

I've recently completed a non-trivial application using EJB3, and I have to say that EJB3 is extremely cool. I would absolutely consider EJB3 as my first choice for doing J2EE application development.

What does JBoss ADD to EJB3? That's interesting. We add JBoss AOP and our annotations library, giving you additional aspects you can easily apply to beans. Very cool. We also add Hibernate, which is our persistence implementation. You can customize the persistence of EJB3 entity beans by using any of the hibernate configuration options you want. So, you get really advanced mapping options. You also have the second level cache options with hibernate for caching. I've been playing with JBoss Cache as the second level cache.

For EJB2 migration, you do need to rewrite some. The good news is that you can mix and match EJB2 and EJB3 in an application, so you can take your migration one step at a time. Based on my experience so far, it is well worth the effort to migrate. EJB3 is great.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic