• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

question from preassessment test

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Can any body tell me the right answer for this question ??
To MOST effectively manage teams working on different packages within a large project, which one of the following should be true?
a) One technical lead should control the project details and communicate decisions to the different teams.
b) Type of database ( DB2 UDB, Oracle, Sybase, or InstantDB )
c) The team leads should focus on quality designs for the internals of their packages, mentoring their team members.
d) Communications between the teams should be minimized to reduce overhead burdens while they work on separate, independent use cases for their packages.

b and c can be directly ruled out. As the question says that the project is large with different packages, it might not be efficient for one person to control everything. It appears like it is resulting to low cohesion. The only choice left over is d. Is this right ??
[This message has been edited by madhu bharathula (edited October 22, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by madhu bharathula (edited October 22, 2001).]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think it should be A

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Madhu,
There is an error in the choice (B) for this question.Please go through the archives for the correct answer.
I know it is crazy but you need to select B in this case to score on this question in the pre-assessment test.Some times you tend to get the incorrect version for B like what you have posted here, while sometimes you tend to get the correct version for the choice B.
So watch out!
-- Sandeep

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think a) and c) are answers.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I answered C: "The team leads should focus on quality designs for the internals of their packages, mentoring their team members."
I got 100% on this practice test. C is correct because Fowler suggested that you break a big project down into packages and then have project teams work on different packages. If each package's team lead ensures that you have "quality internals" for your package, you will effectively shield the internals of your packages and thus minimize the possible dependencies between packages.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic