• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Building an executable with Eclipse

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to build an executable of my code with Eclipse. All I really would have a clue about is a JAR file, but if there's other options I'm not set in my ways.

So I exported the project I was working on (which has been tested very well and works when launched directly from Eclipse) and put it into a JAR file with Eclipse. However, when I try to run (double click) the JAR file there's a long pause and then an error message ("Fatal Exception Occured: program will exit"). Obviously one of us did something wrong but what? I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to creating anything Java so rate me as clueless in this area. I am using another JAR for this program, but to the best of my knolwedge Eclipse included that in the export, and just for good measure I included it in the same folder as the JAR I exported.

Also, this program is very memory intensive, so I want to make sure that the memory pool isn't limited, or is limited as little as possible. When I try to run the program through eclipse it works, but when I do something that takes up a lot of memory, it gives me an out of memory error. However, I know that if the program was allowed to acess all the computer's memory it would be 1 or 2 orders of magnitude more than it needs. How can I avoid this problem?

Hobbes

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic