• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Coding EJB BMP and CMP with eclipse

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
I was able to write a simple EJB hello example, stateless and stateful example using Lomboz with xdoclet 1.2.3. This I did using a tutorial I got from lomboz site. Now I am trying to write a EJB BMP and CMP but I not sure how to do it. Moreover when I create a EJB project, I could see only options for creating Session and Message bean. So please guide me in doing this.
One more question, is there any easy way to write EJB's with out using xdoclet(as it generates most of the code) if yes please give a link to some resource.

Any link or guidence to the above question is very much appreciated.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
One way is to use EJB 3, which replaces xdoclet with Java 5 annotations!

However, since EJB3 isn't mainstream yet, the simple answer is: XDoclet. You can generate all the support stuff manually. Or you can use a tool like my EJBWizard program, which I developed before I becames friends with XDoclet (although the EJBWizard also provides a GUI reverse-engineer from existing schema, so the uses are a little different).

However, no matter which way you go, the same files have to be created in the long run. While you can create each one of them manually, that's a tedious process and relatively minor errors can cause the EJB to not function properly. So I recommend using a tool, and XDoclet is one of the best for that purpose.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic