• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Upcoming features, web development and javascript debugger

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Dmitry, I saw a conversation on web that one of the following releases of IDEA'd introduce a quirks mode incompatibility checker. I think feature like that is really useful as modern applications are more and more browser-driven these days and are required to function properly on many different web browsers.

Do you have any plans to implement javascript debugger directly into IDEA or as a separate plugin in the near future? I think It'd be useful to have a debugger when doing something more complicated with javascript e.g. when web application exhanges SOAP messages with a web service that's rather general in applications that takes advantage of AJAX technologies.

According to my knowledge the HTML Preview plugin is Mozilla-based. Would it be possible to incorporate the javascript debugger Mozilla has into IDEA as well?

Regards, Tero

Bring out your dead! Or a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic