• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Subversion Eclipse plugin - specify repo username password.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Friends,

I am hitting upon a problem with my subclipse and subversion repository. i'm hoping that someone here will point me in the right direction.

I have a repository location, where I'm creating a new project. I have the project set up in my Eclipse workspace. Now I want to commit this project to the repository. But the commit action fails with a

Apparently this is happening because I've not specified any username password to access my repo. But on the SVN Repository view, I don't see an option where to provide this information. Right click->properties window on repository location does not have any option to input user name and password.

Is this information stored in a config file? can someone throw some light on this please?

My google search so far is coming up with links to how to suppress user name pwd input.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cnu

Pavan Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Update:

Looks like I found the answer in subclipse docs.

The username and password details are stored in %APPDATA%\Subversion\auth
on windows.

At least when I try to create a remote folder, it prompts the user id password dialog. I have to check with my SVN Admin if he has granted me permission to commit, create new folders etc.

I will confirm once I check with the admin, I would still appreciate if you share any link or advice on this.

Thanks,
Cnu
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic