• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

WSAD 5.1 not picking up other projects

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm currently developing an application that has some dependencies on some other projects. In the java build path under the PROJECTS tab I have the other projects selected [Required projects on the build path]. The problem is this. The IDE picks up the other project and sees the other classes that exist in the other project however when I end up executing the code, the compiled code ends up throwing an exception throwing a ClassDefNotFound. Any ideas what might be causing this?

TIA

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you executing the code using the "Run" option inside WSAD, or are you executing it in some other environment?

Dale DeMott
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have run it from w/in WSAD and executing it w/in a web browser with the identical URL. Either way the same error comes up

[ July 26, 2007: Message edited by: Dale DeMott ]

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This isn't a WSAD problem. WSAD - like Eclipse - is not a J2EE container. The best it can do is manage the operation of a J2EE container. And one of the requirements of a J2EE container is that you structure J2EE apps in the form required by the J2EE standard.

In other words, one J2EE app can't call code residing in another J2EE app. Each app has its own unique classpath. To share code you either have to copy it from app to app or you have to place it in one of the common classpath locations of the J2EE server. And since you're looking for a servlet (or so the message says), you really shouldn't be placing servlet code in an appserver global library, so you need to either copy the servlet or have it called via an http request.

What do you have in that there bucket? It wouldn't be a tiny ad by any chance ...
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic