• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

MyEclipse and WST

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

Does MyEclipse use WST as part of its web component strategy? I ask because I have written a plug-in that extends the WST XML / HTML editors. I presume that if WST doesn't get supplied with MyEclipse, I just need to install it (along with all the other components). Still it would be nice to know what sort of work I have in store (have you ever tried installing WST? First you need GEF, then you need DTP ... it gets really irritating.)

Thanks, Robert

MyEclipse Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Robert,
Yes MyEclipse does build ontop of the WTP platform (and WST editor base) so your plugin should continue to work in MyEclipse.

Out of curiosity have you tried downloading the trial and installing your plugin and seeing if it still works? We do make quite a bit of customizations and additions to the editors though, so it's possible some of those may hinder your plugin from working... hard to say.

There's a city wid manhunt for this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic