• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Which eclipse is required for J2EE development

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

I'm relatively new to J2EE environment and with the usage of eclipse. I used to practice J2EE without any tool and used to deploy onto Java Application Server . But now I actually wanted to work on some real time tools. I heard about eclipse but failed to setup a J2EE environment properly in my machine. I browsed many sites and too much of information has actually confused me. I read about of Lomboz, JBossIDE etc and really not sure, if I really need to have all these things set up to run a simple J2EE application

Can anyone let me know, which version of eclipse is required to develop and run a simple J2EE 1.3 and J2EE 1.4 applications. I also wanted to use Jboss and/or weblogic servers for practicing. But I'm not able to figure out compatible versions of eclipse, Jboss , weblogic and the corresponding plugins for J2EE developement. Also please send me a link about developing J2EE using eclipse+Jboss/Weblogic+J2EE 1.4.

literally I spent three days in setting up this environment and all the effort was just wasted . Please help me out . Thanks in advance.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Most recent versions of Eclipse are well-supported for J2EE, though I recommend that you use Version 3 or higher, since Eclipse 2 is pretty much history now.

I don't think there's any one "golden" plugin or plugins for J2EE. I've used Lomboz and sysdeo, myself, but others are equally popular.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic