• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Upgrading from Eclipse 3.2 to Eclipse 3.3

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I want to upgrade from Eclipse 3.2 to 3.3 . What are the steps that are required ??? Do I just download 3.3 and unzip it. What will happen to my projects in Eclipse 3.2. How do i transfer them to Eclipse 3.3 Please Help !!!

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Yes, just download the new Eclipse and unzip it. When you run it, you will get a dialog box asking you to locate your workspace. Navigate to your workspace, wherever you put it, and click OK. That's all you need to do.

Hint: there's a checkbox in that dialog that says "Don't ask me this again" or something like that. Don't check it, let Eclipse ask you every time. Otherwise (if you are like me) you will forget where your workspace is and the next time you install a new version, you will have to hunt all over your disk to find it.

Also, if your workspace is inside the directory of a previous version of Eclipse, it would be a good idea to move it somewhere else now, as part of your cutover to the new version. Then you can delete the old version of Eclipse from your disk without accidentally deleting all your projects.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic