• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Subclipse with RAD

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am using subclipse as RAD plug-in for version control with Tortoise SVN. Is it possible to ensure that i need to enter some comment(At least 6 or 7 characters etc) before i will be able to commit it.

Thanks in advance,
Jyothish

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I haven't used that product, but I very much doubt that it parses your code to see if it contains any comments. Especially since it's a general-purpose product that can do version control on any files, not just Java program code.

Jyothish Divakar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Paul,

Thanks for the reply. But think you misunderstood the question. The subclipse controls java comments also and we can keep track of the comments in java as well. But my intention is to make sure that we need to get a prompt etc while commiting the file to SVN without any commit level comments or commit level messages. I got some info while searching that this kind of prompting is available with the Tortoise SVN. But i am using subclipse plug in for RAD for versioning my workbench files (Java, JSP, CSS, JS or even Properties).

Thanks,
Jyothish

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic