• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cannot remove breakpoint in Eclipse 3.3.2

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Has anyone else experienced this problem? I can double click to add a breakpoint to the left of a line but then when I double click the breakpoint again it wont remove it. Then when I go to view all the breakpoints it will show two breakpoints on that line. If I double click it again then it will add another breakpoint to that same line for a total of 3 break points. And so on... I can't remove the breakpoints.

If anyone has experienced this and knows a solution to correct this problem I'd greatly appreciate hearing it.

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Benjamin,

Have you tried removing the breakpoints from the breakpoint view?

Haven't seen that behavior myself (unable to remove from the code window)...what does the offending line of code look like? Is it only that line of code?

Benjamin Hundley
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It will let me remove the breakpoints from breakpoint view. It just wont let me remove by double clicking or right clicking and clicking "Toggle Breakpoint".

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have such twitchy fingers that often I'll switch the breakpoint on and off and on and off multiple times. You might try clicking more slowly and/or adjusting your mouse settings.

If the breakpoint was conditional, it may not remove completely, just switch off. Sometimes I think Eclipse gets confused, so the breakpoint window is a good place to visit occasionally just to clear out the deadwood.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic