• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

creation/deletion of select choices

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I am having a select object in my form(drop-down list) where I allow the user to add and delete choices. It works fine with IE, but fails when I use it in my pocket PC.
This is the code.

This may not be the right forum to post this. I just wanna know if someone had done this before and any links to forums where I can actually post this question would be helpful to me.
Thanx,
SHankar

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Shankar
What your doing is standard javascript that both IE and Netscape support in their most recent versions. I would check to see there is a setting on your pocket PC that has javascript turned off or maybe you are not running the complete javascript interpreter or something to that effect.
Hope that helps

shankar vembu
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Dave Vick:
Shankar
What your doing is standard javascript that both IE and Netscape support in their most recent versions. I would check to see there is a setting on your pocket PC that has javascript turned off or maybe you are not running the complete javascript interpreter or something to that effect.
Hope that helps

Thanx dave for the reply.
javascript is working on my device, but i guess the problem lies in creating objects. the new operator fails and so does "null". i will check if some setting is missing else i may have to change my page design cos i need to make it work for pocket IE mainly.
shankar.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic