• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Can I use GWT with Spring, iBatis, and Tiles

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The subject is my first question.
Second, my web application has to follow very strict guidelines for font types, font sizes, colors, etc. Can I tailor GWT (and does your book explain how) to have the font type, font size, and colors, etc., of my choice?
Third, my first use of GWT would be to replace a dropdown list that has over 1,700 entries in it. I would like to replace it with an AJAX based search box that dynamically builds a list box that matches what has been typed so far in an edit field above the list box. Can I do this with GWT and if so, does your book explain how to do it? Can I embed this dynamical list box in a page generated by Tiles running via Spring with the database accessed via iBatis?

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
1. You will not be able to do that out of the box. I have not worked with integrating spring/ibatis/tiles into GWT. There are a few people that are doing the spring integration. The GWT forum might give you a better answer on this question.

2.Most of the samples created in the book use styles to varying degrees, but the book does not discuss all the style attributes supported by GWT widgets. You can style a lot of things and tailor things, but not to the bare metal level like when using Rails or TurboGears.

3. One of the examples in the book creates a live search, which is similar to the google suggest. You can certainly adapt it to your use case. As far as integrating this with ibatis, spring and tiles please see #1 above.

thanks
prabhakar

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic