• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OpenLaszlo and Eclipse

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Are there any eclipse plugins to develop in OpenLaszlo? Thanks.

Federico Carbonell

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There use to be an Eclipse plug-in for Laszlo, but it was eventually dropped. I tried using it when it first came out and it didn't appear to offer very many useful capabilities.

The biggest problem with Eclipse is that it is so heavy and consumes so much memory, that running it significantly lengthens each compile-execute development cycle. I consider the shortest compile-execute development cycle to be of paramount importance. It seems that most Laszlo developers share this outlook and just work with a simple text editor. I encountered the same problems when using Flex Builder to build Flex applications and ended up going back to a text editor. But other peo

-- Norman Klein (author)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Have you tried Spket IDE, it has some nice features for Laszlo, it can run as standalone or as Eclipse plugins.

Norman Klein
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks, for the tip because I wasn't familiar with the SPKET IDE. I was only able to briefly look it over, but its features already look better than what was available in the Laszlo plug-in to Eclipse. Anyway, I be sure to tell other people about it.

Hey, check out my mega multi devastator cannon. It's wicked. It makes this tiny ad look weak:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic