• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with Ajax Double Combo

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have tried to create a double combo. I am sending the code also but the problem is that my program is coming to FillDropDown Function( ) but not excuting the code inside.Even I am not confirm that whether its executing my Action Class or not.

Coding:

1) home.jsp

2) SecondOptionsAction.java

3) ResultBean.java

4) net.js

5) struts-config.xml

Now Since I have taken some of the code from Internet, I am unable to understand somethiongs:

1) how to access params in my Action Class which I have send through net.js.
2) Is the request.getParameter statement correct way to access data in struts framework.
3) Is the code written in Action class to create xml file correct? Meaning, I have returned "index" and forward to home.jsp in struts config.So, I am confused that how will home.jsp retrieves the value in filldropdown function()

Please Help Me in understanding the concepts since I am working on this program from one month and still struggling to run it successfully.
[ June 16, 2008: Message edited by: Eric Pascarello ]

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Have you tried to debug each step, is code going and coming back from the server? Have you read the chapter of the book that goes along with my code? [This was also a sample chapter that can be found on Manning's site]

Eric

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic