• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Xml on netscape

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Can any one pls explain to me how I can run an xml file on netscape.?I am able to extract xml files using the DOM object and things are working perfectly on IE 5.0.

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE Python C++ Debian Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"Rajeshv",
The Java Ranch has thousands of visitors every week, many with surprisingly similar names. To avoid confusion we have a naming convention, described at http://www.javaranch.com/name.jsp . We require names to have at least two words, separated by a space, and strongly recommend that you use your full real name. Please log in with a new name which meets the requirements.
Thanks.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hi Rajesh,
As far as I know, IE 5.0 has an inbuilt XML parser to support XML documents hence things work properly when XML is used with IE 5.0.
Netscape doesnt have an inbuilt support for XML. U will have to download some plugins formt their website for Netscape to support XML.
Hope this helps,
Amit Ganatra

Originally posted by Rajeshv:
Can any one pls explain to me how I can run an xml file on netscape.?I am able to extract xml files using the DOM object and things are working perfectly on IE 5.0.

------------------
Sun Certified Java Programmer for Java 2 Programming

Rajeshv
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Amit
Thank u for your response.That plugin's will help only on the client side right??.Actually i want to have some thirdparty tool that can be registered in to the server,so that i can run my xml anywhere on anybrowser(ie IE & NN).I will definetly try your request and let u know the result.
Thanks & regards
Rajesh

Originally posted by Amit Ganatra:

Hi Rajesh,
As far as I know, IE 5.0 has an inbuilt XML parser to support XML documents hence things work properly when XML is used with IE 5.0.
Netscape doesnt have an inbuilt support for XML. U will have to download some plugins formt their website for Netscape to support XML.
Hope this helps,
Amit Ganatra

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic