• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XML

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Is there any way to import XML data into a PDF. I know that you can take a XML doucment and produce a PDF document. But can you take a XML data and have a PDF document that was created using Adobe Acorbat and import the data into assigned fields?

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you talking about treating the XML data as the data source for some kind of document merging?

Skyler Smith
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yes. I am creating an XML document that contains data that I want to put into a PDF. I created my PDF document with Adobe Acrobat, which allows me to put fields on the form and name them. I want the associated XML document fields to go into the PDF form via a program import. Is there anyway to do this and hopefully through Java?

Ajith Kallambella
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Although I have never tried it myself, I know that Formatting Objects ( XSL:FO ) supports writing stylesheets for PDF format.

Skyler Smith
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have done the Xsl:fo. I do get it to produce a PDF. However my thing is that it is a very complicated PDF form. It is like a tax form. It has fields all over. This is going to prove to be very difficult to produce with an XSL sheet. I was hoping that with Adobe Acrobat where fields can be added to the form and named, that I could import the data that I am getting from a JSP page. After the JSP page I am putting it into an XML file. I would like to take the XML file and import it by the way of a program into a PDF form. I have not seen anything that will allow me to do that.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic