• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XML Schema catalogs

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Guys,
I'm having problems using an XML catalog with the Xerces 2 parser. Here is the code that I used to add an entity resolver:

I am using version 1.1 of Sun's Resolver package.
The code listed above compiles OK. The following is the CatalogManager.properties file:

When running my program it reads in the catalog correctly, as shown in the following output:

This is the catalog.xml files contents:

The following is the error message that gets return after running the parser:

Each time the error occurs, the entity resolver tries to resolve the following:

I don't know why it adds the base directories to the name of the schema file as I have explicitly told the entity resolver to not use absolute locations.
Lastly, here is a sample of the xml file which contains the "lookup name" for the xml catalog to look up:

As you can see, the xml file only references SchemaFile.xsd, and the entity resolver at runtime should lookup that name in the catalog and substitute file:///home/acct/mshea/generated/schema/SchemaFile.xsd for it, but it does not.
Any help would be appreciated and if I'm doing this the wrong way, then I'd definately want to nkow about it.
Thanks.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic