• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XSLT 2.0 Web Development Book Questions

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I was wondering if this book will explain exactly what the benefits are to using XSLT and what it can provide for me as a developer. I am new most of the java world as I am a Cold Fusion and ASP developer who is just starting to learn Java as J2EE is now the new standard where I work.

BTW,

If anyone has any good beginning Java/JSP links that would be great as so far I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Mario

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Mario,

I was also a Cold Fusion / ASP developer, and I've been a Java programmer for a year now. In the beginning, Java can be overwelming with EJB, JSP, Servlet, Struts, JDBC, JNDI... So what I decided to do was to stick to J2SE in the beginning ( 'plain Java' ), read a whole book, got certified. After that, I had an idea of what is what, so could go on studying just specific points as needed.....
I worked ! Im a huge Java fan now. After that, I was selected to be part of a huge Java project in the company I work for and the interface of the application is XSL, and that's what Im trying to learn now...
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic