• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

need your profound advice

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,
Just wanna hear your inputs or ideas regarding to my problem. This is actually a management issue but i guess there are many of you can provide me some enlightenment or suggestion.
I am a member of the management team in our organization that composes of four people: operation,development,maintenance and sales/marketing and we all communicate to our general manager who is living far and just visit us quarterly. I am in the development and all the time i work as project manager when there is new project to develop.To make this shorter, i'm doing my role in the management and at the same time i'm leading a team of developers. Could this be a healthy idea? Should i be just focus on the development team doing project management? And just have one person to be responsible in the administration?
Any ideas?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is a topic for the Process: UP, RUP, DRUP, XP, etc. forum. I am sure you will get responses here in MD, too, but it's unlikely that they will be meaningful.

High Plains Drifter
Netbeans IDE VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree. Let's move this to a more appropriate forum.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm afraid you're the one who has to make the judgement. Of course it would be easier for you (and the other) if someone else would take care of one of the tasks while you're concentrating on the other. However, the extra person costs $$$... As I said, you'll have to decide whether the benefits overcome the costs.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Do you feel that you can live up to the expectations of both roles? Do you face any conflicts between the roles?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic