• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need Help to Pass SCJP

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I prpepared completely JQ+, Khalid Book, took all the mock exam but failed SCJP twice each time scoring 40%, I do not know where I am going wrong. Questions are repeated in each exam. But I do not know correct answer. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated . My email id SRBOSE@HOTMAIL.COM. Please help either any web site, any particuler Mock exam, any HTML site, any book, any tutorial will help me lot.
------------------

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My suggestion is that you should take any good java book and study it properly. Write lots of code to understand the concepts. Once you are clear with the concepts, then do mock exams. Doing mock exams without first working out on the concepts will not not help you. I think this is where you are going wrong. If you have jq+ then follow their guidlines of taking the tests. ie. take one test and find your weak areas then prepare those area from books then take next test. a good test for whether you have learnt is that in the next text you should score good in those topics. Do not forget to read jqplus explanations. they are good.
I am sure if you do hard work you can definitely pass the test. Don't feel bad about your failure. Work (code) hard and you'll make it.
Best of luck,
Dinesh.
[This message has been edited by Dinesh Pathak (edited May 11, 2001).]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Supriya,
I was sorry to read you had failed the exam. Unfortunately, as others have learned, just doing the mocks and reading exam books is not enough. Code, code, code
Have you worked through the tutorial material on Sun's site? Do as many examples as you can for each area of the objectives. Many people also recommend Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java.
Best wishes with your studies.
------------------
Jane Griscti
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java� 2 Platform

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi supriya,
I have a feeling that u are not a good test taker.U know lot about java but u loose confidence when u see the tough questions.Dont' worry make another attempt and i am sure u will clear this paper with flying color's.write a lot of code and then give an exam.Don't depand on the mock's only.Have faith in your abilities.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Supriya,
So sorry to hear this. Everyone here has given pretty sound advice. Maybe you should look at Maha Anna's certification tips. I liked her advice and "roadmap" to SCJP. Also any text like Deitel & Deitel generally has a lot of programming exercises. Write lots of code then come back and look at the exam objectives. Finally focus narrowly on these exam objectives while writing more code.
Good Luck,
regards,
Jyotsna

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic