• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Thank you every one...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Everyone,
I scored 93% and now I have become SCJP. I just wanted to thank everyone at Javaranch for their exceptional support.
Especially I want to thank Jane, Cindy, Dave for their timely answers to my questions.
I just want to share a couple more things.. This is for everyone who are pursuing to become SCJP
I think the exam is not at all tough. I think RHE book is enough to cover all the topics for the exam. I think the 4 best resources that everyone should use to study for the exam are
1) JQPlus - I have not used other products but I think if you use JQPlus and do all their tests along with the explanation of the answers to questions, YOU VIRTUALLY GUARANTEE yourself of doing well in the actual exam. JQ+ questions are lot tougher than the questions in actual exam.
2) JavaRanch site - I regularly followed every discussion on this site for the last 3 months. Although I did not participate much with the discussions, I got a lot of insight on a lot of different topics.
3) Maha Anna's site (www.javaranch.com/maha)- I think her collection of discussion threads on the link of "Discussion" on her page is INVALUABLE. It really discusses some of the most difficult questions on all the topics and it really clears all your concepts that you were getting confused on.. Atleast it did for me. And also maha's explanation to the questions is invaluable.
4) Jane Gristi's site (www.janeg.ca) Here explanation of different topics is great too. And she has covered some of the topics where you have to remember stuff (eg. I/O, AWT.. )very well.
Also I think Marcus Green's 3 mock exams are pretty close to actual exams so you might wanna keep them for the last week before the actual exam.
So all in all I think it is not too tough if someone studies regularly for 2.5 to 3 months, he/she should be able to crack it.
Once again thanks everyone.
Amol

mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations... I think you have shown that it isn't tough if you know your stuff!
I'm moving this to Cert Results.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations Amol, great score Thanks to for the kind words
------------------
Jane Griscti
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java� 2 Platform

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats Amol! Please do ppost your scores here also http://www.jdiscuss.com/Enthuse/jsp/ViewAllResults.jsp
-Paul.

------------------
SCJP2 Resources, Free Question A Day, Mock Exam Results and More!
www.jdiscuss.com
Get Certified, Guaranteed!
www.enthuware.com/jqplus

Your guide to SCJD exam!
www.enthuware.com/jdevplus

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
CONGRATULATIONS Amol!