• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

When I get SCJP certificate & logos

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I passed the SCJP test on Aug 4. Do anybody know when Sun will send the SCJP2 certificate and logos. I also want to know what guys/gals plan to do after SCJP2.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations
It can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks to receive your certificate from Sun. Depends on where you are and how busy they are.
To get an idea of what others are doing, check the Developer, Architect, JSP, etc forums.
Also, please read the JavaRanch Name Policy and re-register using a name that complies with the rules.
Thanks for your cooperation.
------------------
Jane Griscti
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java� 2 Platform

N Gupta
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you Jane.
Regarding name, I tried to use my first full name while registration but, every time, it said that this name is already taken and use other name. Since, I could not use my first name, so, I abbrebriated. Since, my first name is not that rare, how should I register with a new name. Can you pls. let me know.
One thing I have seen on this forum is that everyone is talking about so & so score, what questions came, blah, blah. I think that in addition to this, it would be better that we discuss what SCJP needs to do in future, how value addition can be done, how much worth Java is, practical uses (solid applications of Java), etc. This will be great for everyone, including buddies who have yet to acquire SCJP status.
I hope that we start a worthwhile discussions of real practical importance, ultimately the purpose of Java. Also, in good faith, we need to discuss the advantages of Java vis-vis C#, so that, SCJP'ites get added confidence in Java. Your thoughts please.

Jane Griscti
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi N Gupta,
It's possible you have an old id with your full name. You can try using a variation of your name or first name, middle name, etc. Just not anything that's an obvious fabrication
You'll find the more meaningful discussions your looking for are peppered through out the various forums: Developer Certification, Architect Certification, Java General Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate, etc.
This forum is strictly for people to crow about passing the SCJP

------------------
Jane Griscti
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java� 2 Platform
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic