• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Extremely Sorry Guys!!!!!!!...............

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am sorry.ranchers...( I know I am late to post the reply..but couldn’t help it..Just had an appointment with the doctor… ) I know most of the ranchers would not expect this from me..But it’s the fact..I dunno why..it seems my whole day was very bad…infact worst..I scored 55% and finally I flunked….It happened like I was scheduled for the test at 9.30 am ..but when I reached there the person incharge told me that I have to wait for some time as there was some problem with the server.After an hour or so I went again and started arguing with the person but it was all in vain..Finally my test started at 1.00 pm..Yes!!! 3 and a half hours late..
As soon as I saw the first question, I went mad..because I was not getting an appropriate output..So I marked that one..It took my 5-6 mins..and this I realized after seeing the time.same thing with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th…..I really felt like………Dunno what to say..finally I got some good questions..But in the end, you’ll know the result very well.. 
Though people help me a lot like, Valentin!!( he is indeed a great person..He is EXTRAORDINARY, TALENTED, and extremely co-operative..!!Simply Genious!!)…Others like Rob, Shivaji, Bill, etc…who really cared for me and I could not keep their expectations in the end..I am ashamed of that..
Guys, I would really like to tell you’ll that SCJP is not that easy..and at the same time u are not supposed to stress your self much..which I didn’t follow..Frankly speaking guys, I haven’t slept for nights and days in this last month and it just happened that in the exam my mind stopped working. Even on a simple question I had to think thrice or might be more….I was really really really very TENSED…before the exam.I would rather say I was shivering!!....(also on the other hand the testing centre incharge person made me mad)..
Guys I would like to tell you’ll one more thing.Though I feel that JQ+ is a good thing, but u cannot rely..I want to tell you’ll the fact, that I did not have any similar question, forget similar, not even that kind of question..Also NEVER schedule your test unless you are 101% confident…and NEVER over burden your self with Java, which can make your mind stop thinking at the right time…
Now that I really regret , I shouldn’t had taken so much stress, tensions,burden…..
Well my result show me 100 % in I/O and util…But GC was 0%( only one question)..AWT is my weakness..(25%)..rest threads (71%)..and others in 50’s 60’s ….n so on…
So Ranchers, just keep in mind the above things…I guess that’s all for now..
Planning to re-appear in April after my college Annual Exams..
Take Care Guys…Missed you’ll…….It was indeed great having discussions with you’ll!...I used to love that….For the time being , I have to concentrate on my other exams..But I promise I will keep in touch with Ranch….And one fine day I’ll come back….
Bye
Sonir.
[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: sonir shah ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Sonir :
You prepare for your college exams now thats more important, as always now you know how to approach the SCJP, you have done a good job 55% probably have lost in a whisker.
Do not lose heart ... come back with a bang later
do not stay out of touch with Java also, mean while code small snippets which increases your confidence.
Take Care
-A

Author & Gold Digger
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Keep the faith, sonir...
Don't lose your confidence in yourself and next time you'll get it... Don't worry...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
sonir,
I am sorry to hear this. I am sure you will pass the exam next time./bill

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry sonir,
just to relax the next time and I'm sure you'll pass!
By the way, I'll think JQ++ was great

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sonir :
Think of this exam as the best Mock test money can buy. I would also recommend that you try to write down as many questions from the exam as you remember and then check the answers for yourself.
PLEASE do not post those questions here
Of course remember that you should write small sample programs similar to the ones you see on the exam and on the mock exams.
While you are preparing for your college exams, do not give up on your java studies altogether.
I suggest a cover-to-cover reading of RHE book. Check out the Java tutorial and the JAVA API pages for some of the common classes.
Keep in touch by reading at least one or two chapters from a book and visiting this site regularly. Start answering questions, even if some one else already did.
I am confident you will do much better second time around.
Best wishes for your college exams.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hello sonir!
Better luck next time

Failure gives the path of success.
M.farhan

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
absolutely. you just lost by a couple of questions. even another 3 more correct and you would have been through !
in my opinion give it soon because your preparation is at peak and best of all now you exactly know what to study.

Originally posted by Arsho, Ayan:
Hey Sonir :
You prepare for your college exams now thats more important, as always now you know how to approach the SCJP, you have done a good job 55% probably have lost in a whisker.
Do not lose heart ... come back with a bang later
do not stay out of touch with Java also, mean while code small snippets which increases your confidence.
Take Care
-A

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir,
I know how you feel, I failed the first time myself. You've got the advantage for next time because you've seen the real questions and you know what areas to concentrate on.
I took 3 weeks off from studying Java to clear my head, then went through RHE again. You're only 3-4 questions off being certified so next time you'll breeze through.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir,
All the best for next time.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sonir,
don't be embarrased or ashamed. You worked hard, but now you know what you need to study for next time.
I would strongly urge you not to just stop playing with java. A little bit every day, even 20 minutes a day, will have a much bigger impact on your learning over a few months than trying to cram everything in a couple of weeks. Keep writing programs. Write a small program a day. Test out things you aren't clear about. And try to check in here once a week just to keep in touch.
Good luck with everything!

Rob

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sonir:
Sorry to hear your news.
If I could give you a suggestion, read on. Feel free to ignore this if you choose so....I don't mean to be harsh or negative.
I would suggest that you first write a lot more java programs and understand the language. Getting certified doesn't prove anything. At best its only a personal achievement. While you might have been short by 2 or 3 answers, IMHO thats not the point. There are a lot of programmers out there who are really good but fear SCJP exam and there are those who get lucky but are not clear on the concepts.
So my sincere advice is take the time that is needed and learn java programming. The best way is to implement every doubt you have and realise the result. Reading books helps only to a certain extent. You implement that in a main method and see the result - thats the real thing something you can't forget. Once you do this, you will develop tremendous self confidence and the exam should be a followup of the knowledge you gain.
For what its worth........
Good luck.
- satya

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir,
Dont worry, dont loose your patient. Wish you good luck.
Rashid

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Sonir
I am also really sorry. But now as other said you have a real exam experience, make a list of all of them as much as you remember, do lot of practice on them, clarify your concepts, read the Mahadav's mail, take a rest, be confident, and go through again with the exam, you'll definitely pass with good marks this time...
Wish you good luck...
Rashid Ali

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
First of all.Thanx all of you'll..
1)Val
2)Arsho
3)Bill
4)Guy Thomson
5)Enrico
6)M.Farhan
7)M.Stone
8)Rob Ross
9)Rashid Ali
10)Bhushan
11)Shivaji
12)Rashid Ghulam
13)Madhav...
After reading all your posts, I have become a bit more confident to re-appear..(Really Thankful to all of you'll)..
Here working at Java Ranch, It feels like you are working as a team..It feels like we all are working and study together and sharing things..
Guys, I am not gonna leave Ranch at all...Thats a promise...!!
and secondly, I believe what Mark and others are saying is true, that i need to reappear as soon as possible since my mind is already loaded with Java..But at the same time, I have to concentrate on my College exam which are there in March.Since it is my last year in College, I really need to work hard and get some good score(as I am planning to study abroad).So as far as I feel I dont think its the right time to appear again(as this will definetely clash with my Coll.exam), and I will appear in April, as soon as it gets over..
But guys dont worry..I will not leave java at all..I will practice some programs each day, visit Ranch regularly..and keep in touch with you guys...
Is my decision right buddies..Just let me know..
Bye for now..!!
Sonir

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ranchers..Is my decision right?..
I need some suggestions..

Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sonir
Yes you're correct in setting your college exams above this one. Like Satya said the exam is apesonal achievement more than onr that proves you can really program in Java. Yes it might help in getting a job but it really doesn't prove anything except that you memorize a lot of syntax rules and other details and then remember them for a test. And if you go on an interview for a Java postion they'll be able to spot that in heartbeat!!
As has been mentioned before - if you really want to understand the language you need to code. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular or even very long. Pick a topic and study it, then write some practice code to see if what you think is correct (usually the pratice code will create even more questions), then code some more. A good way to do it is to start to answer some questions here. When someone posts a question that you think you know the answer to then try answer it... use the JLS, and some test code to verify that your giving the correct answer. Even if someone else has already answered it (Val is pretty fast )answer it anyway. After you've answered a few questions in the same topic you'll find that you're actually learning it better than just reading.
For myself to learn something I have to understand how it works - you can say that a Thread can be created as a new Thread by itself or that you can create a new Thread with a Runnable object as its target. That's easy to say and easy to remember - but once you know why/how it works that way you're well on the way to understandng the entire concept. then when something new comes along you're in a better position to integrate into what you already know instead of just memorizing it as a new fact.
This is a little long but I hope it helps

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sonir,
Keep your spirits up & prepare again and concentrate on those areas where you did not score well. Take as many exams as you can & clear all your doubts here on JavaRanch.. You will definetly make it..
Good Luck,
Roopa.

Originally posted by sonir shah:
Ranchers..Is my decision right?..
I need some suggestions..

Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
sonir u r good.defenitly u can make this.concenrate ur collage exam now.and after SCJP.at that time u will defenitely get it.
--------
basha

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
ok Guys..
Thanx for the suggestions.
You'll are simply too good
Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Sonir,
Don't be upset. You are not the first and only one to experience this.
Do focus on your week areas and concentrate and work hard on those. Also as i suggested earlier, don't miss the JWhiz mocks from http://whizlabs.com. I remember percy and one more clearing in the second attempt after using it.
Once again be confident and you will surely be successful.
All the best
richard

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi sonir,
remember one thing before u go for next try.
this exam is not THE END OF WORLD. it not EVERYTHING in life, okay?
u work. u give exam. thats it. don make it question of so much embaressment/regret etc etc...
nothin is worth life! everybody works according to their capabilities, their dreams in accordance with their hell lot of problems for which u wont find a meaning in any dictionary.
so, try next time. u r close to pass. 'll make it.
meanwhile take care of ur health. sleep well. it doesnt matter if u missed to review Val's note or one or two API at the last moment. but ur state of mind is much more important. sleep well. eat well before the exam if have time or 've a good breakfast before the exam. b clam. there is NONE who is gonna sentence you for YOUR LIFE if u cant make it. if u make it then its a credit. if u cant then it was a great & serious try by u. whats the big deal?
lot of philosophy by me, huh ? just a thought i got while reading 14th Dalilamma 's book meaning something like,
"sadness is measure by which one measures happiness". tough to get it but useful.
best regards
maulin

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yeah Maulin.
U are right.I have finally decided to study well, work hard..No stressing businness...!!ok?..
No more over burdens..
Sonir

Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir
As I was busy in mine .. I wanted to ... but could not communicate to you.
I can only say ...
"Failure is boom if not repeated"
and not to repeat I will say first make yourself comfortable with Java then plan for exam ...
when you will be comfortable ... no one can say ... but as generally said that for good driving you should have experence of 500 hrs...
I can only say to know a language ... write program is only thing ... every one knows logic for the program .. BUT when you write and compile then you know where you were wrong as per language syntax/rules. and the more errors you get ... you should be happy ... that next time these errors won't be there ...
So first write at least 100-200 programs ... let them initially be small like addtion, factorial, etc... then go for tougher and tougher ..
and then comes SCJP....
All RANCHERS are wishes with you .....
ALL THE BEST

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks..Ravish
I am planning to to look forward for coding and stuff...
By the way congrats for your SCJP success!
Sonir

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Sonir
I have followed your postings after searching archives and I feel sorry for you. Seems you have put in alot of effort to prepare for the exam but on the day you might have been nervous or your mind was overloaded with Java.
Best of luck next time!!.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir
Sorry to hear that you missed by a whisker. My suggestion is keep in touch with Java. Maybe 15-30 mins every day. That way you will not have to redo stuff you already know.
Best of Luck for next time

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanx Guys.
I will keep in mind all your advices and suggestions..
Thanks Again.
Sonir

R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by sonir shah:
Thanks..Ravish
I am planning to to look forward for coding and stuff...
By the way congrats for your SCJP success!
Sonir

All The Best

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Everybody...
Great Suggestions
Sonir

Ranch Hand
MySQL Database Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sonir, sorry to hear ur experience....anyone would be stuck at the situation u had to face....
I know several persons in ranch passed the exam in second attempt with very high mark....u can also do it in that fashion. So do ur college study first and then appear this exam....u'll not give up we know.

sonir shah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes Ashik..
No way!! I am not gonna leave Studying Java..
Little bit of coding each day will do no harm..
What u say?
Sonir

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic