• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed SCJP 5.0 in 7 days

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Scores = 80% - 59 out of 73
Total preparation time: 7 days
Exam Date: 1/25/2006

Decided to take the exam last week and started to read. Have been reading Sierra&Bates book for 1.4 for first 5 days. After exam registration at Sun on Sunday, I found the exam would be for 1.5. Quickly bought the book for 1.5. Wow, it is lots of harder than 1.4. Yesterday night, took the mock exam from the book CD - only got 61%. Nervous!!!

Today's exam is much easier than the mock exam. But still, I only received 37% on Thread topics (I hate Thread).

Sierra&Bates book is really helpful. Big thanks go to Kathy and Bert!!!

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratz !!!

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Wow Bing!

Congrats! It's exciting to hear not only that you got the book, but that you already passed the exam.

Thanks,

Bert

Bing Ren
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Bert and Mikalai. Yes, I was lucky to get the book from Powell's Bookstore in downtown Portland. It was the last one on the shelf. I think SCJP5 is much harder than SCJP4. But anyway Bert's book can prepare both well. I have just re-read Thread chapter, reviewed APIs and did some experiments. I believed I am in a better shape in this area.

I am working on HF EJB from Bert and Kathy and plan to take SCBCD in 10 days. My plan is to pass all three J2EE certificate by the end of February.

Do you have any recommendations on books for SCDJWS - I really worried where I can start? I have four+ years of working experience with Java/J2EE, what I need is a good book to systematically sum up my past experience, correct some of my misunderstanding and of course learn new stuffs.

Again thanks!

-Bing

SCJP (preparing SCBCD, SCWCD, SCDJWS)

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic