• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJP 1.4 - 85% vs SCJP1.5 - 65%

Ranch Hand
Scala Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello freinds,
Can anyone suggest me whether just passing SCJP 1.5 and Scoring good marks in SCJP 1.4 will be better from the point of view of job.
I am not able to clear SCJP 1.5 extra concepts.
I am not confident of the same.That's why I am planning to give revert my decision of appearing SCJP 1.5
So,if i clear SCJP 1.4 with good marks,somewhere near 80-85% rather than just passing SCJP 1.5 somewhere near 60-65%
Will it affect my future?
I am Afraid of Drag 'n' Drop Questions.
Because i am having a Whizlabs 1.4 as well as 1.5 simulator I am scoring good marks in practise tests of v1.4 but am failing in v1.5 test.v1.4 is having 11 full length test and v1.5 is having 6 full length test.
What should i do? please suggest me.
-Thank you

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think it will mostly depend on how to present yourself in the interview. If you are able to answer technical questions, it will not matter much whether you have 1.4 or 1.5 certification. If you don't answer questions right, it will not matter whether you have scored 100% in which ever certification.

It's not like interviewers will ask only from 1.4 topics if they see that you have done 1.4 certification. So studying for 1.5 would be a good way to learn things that are important while on the job and would probably come up in the interview.

In short, go for 1.5

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Really, I don't think it makes one bit of difference. What's important is getting certified.

Here's an idea, get SCJP on 1.4, and get SCJA on 1.5. Then you can say you're certified in both areas, on both exams. Looks even better. If you passed SCJA, you'd probably do quite well on SCJA.

Cheers!

-Cameron McKenzie

Pankaj Shet
Ranch Hand
Scala Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sir,
Thanks for your valuable advice. Thanks Paul sir and Cameron sir for supporting me.I am still going to give SCJP 1.4 while preparing for SCJP 1.5
Can you please suggest me whether or not to go for SAP-ABAP after completion of SCJP 1.4? or should I keep myself with Java?Most probably I am going to take the exam on 8th march,i.e.this thursday.Please give me any suggestions
for the same.
-Thank you.

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Take a look at this link "http://www.sap-img.com/abap/will-abap-be-replace-by-java.htm" Going for ABAP will be not a wise decision after being an SCJP!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

Regarding Certification dont bother much... concentrate on the interview it makes all the difference

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Pankaj,

For any IT certification, how much you score is less important than your having the certification. I personally believe that 'Process of Preparation' for certification is more valuable than the certification. For this process to be successful, you need to be serious about certification!

You may or may not know that the toughness level of our exams is higher than the actual exam. If you have time, I recommend going for SCJP 5.0 as it is on the latest version. If you decide to go for it, I recommend you analyzing your weak areas and do focused practice (writing code) and theoretical understanding on them. Simultaneously, you can take practice exams from our preparation including and you may want to use the customization feature to focus on your week areas. The same approach is equally applicable for SCJP 1.4 exam.

As mentioned by other people, certification score will not play much role in your interview than your ability to answer technical questions.

Wish you success in your exam and the interview!

Best wishes,
Pradeep

Pankaj Shet
Ranch Hand
Scala Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello everyone,
I am going to appear for SCJP 1.4 tomorrow,thanks for valuable guidance.Thank you Pradeep sir, for the same.I am getting on an average 55%-65% on Whizlabs simulator,older version of 1.4.How much should i expect tomorrow?Any last day tips,please share the same.
-Thank you.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic