• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cracked Tiger with 87%

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
It's glad to announce that I have cracked SCJP5 with 87%. I would like to thanks all JavaRanch community members for my success.

I would like share my thoughts about SCJP and it's importance to Java Rancher.

I started study of SCJP before 3 months. I am working in java since last 3 years so it was not new for me to understand the language. But after starting study of SCJP, I come to know various details of java language, which are never supposed to know if have not study for SCJP.

On month of March, I started study with K & B book.(although I have purchased book and voucher both in Nov-2007 :roll:

I must say the book is written very good and is very specific to exam. I use to study book in weekends only due to busy schedule of office. I completed book once after 2 months.. (it's too long..) . Now I had 1 month preparation time. I started to appear for mock testes. I started with Marcus Green Test. I found it tough and I was just able to give 50% right answers. To build-up confidence, I started with Roundup games. This game is good organized. It contains most basic of language syntax and all.I score good in this games. . Then I appeared for Santis Test.. This is organized in sections. I used to prepare for the a section at a time and appear for the section in Santis test. Other Mock test i appeared John Mayer & Inquisitions. This is also very helpful.

Now it was only two day (Saturday and Sunday ) remaining for the exam. I prepared the schedule only dedicated for SCJP on weekends. On Saturday, I review book important points, two minute drills and appeared for K&B book Mock test, I scored 70% in it. On next day (Sunday) I attended some of the random SCJP Dumps, which were very helpful to me to memorize core concepts.

At last the day come and i appeared for the exam at 11 AM. Came out with 87% scored.

Please note following things which are very important:

1. Attempt as much mock test as you can before the exam. (Those listed in MockTests are enough.
2. Write as much practice program as you can before the exam.
3. Don't be nervous on exam day. Go with full preparation and confidence.
4. Take full rest (6- 7 hrs) before the day of exam. (otherwise you will sleeps in 3 hrs in exam).

Cheers

Thanks again & regards,
Maharsh Kapadia
maharsh.123@gmail.com

Bartender
Firefox Browser Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Maharsh Kapadia welcome to Javaranch
and congrats for your score,its an achievement
but

I attended some of the random SCJP Dumps, which were very helpful to me to memorize core concepts.

here we dont discuss of dumps or anything similar that is either cheating or illegal.
Please avoid it.

and instead of cracked, cleared would have been better

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Note that with "dumps", people usually mean illegally copied questions from the real exam. Please do not use dumps - that is cheating, it devaluates the SCJP, and you are breaking copyright law.

We have a special forum for announcing exam results; the Sun Certification Results forum. I'm moving this post over there.

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations! Feels good, don't it?

-Cameron McKenzie

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful