• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

NEED HELP

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I was asked to develop a web application to keep track of the alumni of my university. I decided to use JSP Or Servlets. But then i want to integrate Xml into my application. That way i will be able to get some on hand expereince.
But my problem is, though i have some class room knoledge about XMl. I dont get the slightest idea about integrating Xml with my java application.
Can any one explain me, where exactly Xml comes into play. I will really appreciate if some one can tell me the advantages of using it in my Alumni Application(if at all it has any)
Thankyou in advance
Regards,
vikram

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Well, you could use XML as the format that your data is stored in and then have a servlet read it in, call an XSLT processor to convert it to HTML, and display it. This means that you'd need to learn a little about XSLT so you could write the stylesheet to do the XML to HTML conversion.
You have to ask yourself given the time available whether using XML, since you are learning it, is worth it in this case.
Whichever route you choose, good luck!
John

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic