• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed test 142. Guess what I used for preparation.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Went to an IBM conference (Websphere Technical Exchange) last week. It offers free IBM certification tests. While preparing Websphere tests, I had some free time. I decided to spend some time on XML. So I spent a few hours going through the XML and related tutorials on w3schools.com before the conference. Had no time for a full XML book.

After finishing Websphere tests, I decided to give 142 a try, planning to learn what topic it covers and what kind of questions it contains. It's free any way. In the middle of the test, I realized I had a shot. The questions are mostly single choice and they require lots of reasoning, not memory. So I took the test seriously and finished it with only 3 seconds left. I got realy lucky and got a score of 63%(31/49), one more than the passing score (61% 30/49).

Having only spent less than two days on XML, I still feel I need to read some XML books to justify my certification. Ironicly, I failed one of the Websphere tests I spent so much time preparing, twice.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratz !

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
congrats man ... for someone new how long would it take for prep for 142??

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hie.. you mentioned somewhere that 142 is free.. but on the ibm site i could see it asking some 75USD. please tell how did you find it free??

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am new to this forum. I am looking forward to giving XML Certification.Is IBM Certification is the most sought for?And if yes,how to go about its preparation.What are recommended books and can anyone share test experience in detail.Any preparation material concerning the exam on the internet?

Thanks

Salil

The airline is called "Virgin"? Don't you want a plane to go all the way? This tiny ad will go all the way:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic