• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Preparation for SCDJWS?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

Yesterday i have cleared SCWCD. Now, Iam planning to prepare for Webservices. I dont know anything about the Webservices, is it possible for me to clear the webservices in 3 months with good knowledge on same.

I can spend only 3 hrs daily with good concentration. If so plese tell me good metarials to start with. My voucher will expire on August31st so i have to finish before that.

How is market value for SCDJWS? when compare to scwcd and swbcd? I was thinking of preparing it after scjp itself, but b'cos of lack of consice book i have given up the idea.

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Let me answer the questions as best as I can, relative to my situation.

I think it is entirely possible to get up to speed in three months, normally, with web services. The basic concepts are easy enough to grasp, and it's a matter of both getting some practice with the technologies and learning the bits and pieces you don't ordinarily use. It might be a bit tight, if you only have three hours per day to dedicate to it (on top of whatever else is going on), but I think it is entirely possible to get the needed proficiency.

I'd offer suggestions for materials, save that I did my studying during the Beta period, and ended up having to chart my own course. That said, I ended up using java Web Services Unleashed (SAMS), SOAP Programming with Java (Sybex) and Java SOAP (WROX) among others, with a healthy dose of sitting around and playing with Apache Axis to get a feel for the technologies. (I'm sure I had other books I referred to, but they're not at the office for me to see them.) You'd probably be better served with someone else here in the forum with more recent experience responding.

As for value... it's what your employer (potential or current) or clients think it's worth. In my case, it gave my client the confidence to let me develop web services in lieu of more complicated solutions to problems, and that alone was worth quite a bit, though financial consideration would have been nice too...

NDP Prasad
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic