• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm currently reading RMH book. I should say it's a very good book, but it's also very thick and it covers a lot of things.

My questions to those ranchers who have passed SCDJWS, is it necessary to know everything about SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI? For example, remembering the mandatory tags in SOAP/WSDL/UDDI. It seems to be quite a lot to remember, especially if I have to write WSDL/UDDI/SOAP by hand. Is it necessary to learn SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI to that extent?

Thanks for the reply.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi All ,

I have the same question , I think UDDI and JAXR is too boring. Is it necessary to go through all the chapters for UDDI and JAXR in RMH book.

Are there any short cut for these ?.

Regards
Prasad

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Freddy Wong:
I'm currently reading RMH book. I should say it's a very good book, but it's also very thick and it covers a lot of things.
My questions to those ranchers who have passed SCDJWS, is it necessary to know everything about SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI?

You would be well advised to understand the details of SOAP/WSDL as they are presented in RMH (or at least in MZ's Notes). And there usually is a good bunch of UDDI/JAXR questions in the exam (which have caught some examinees off guard). There you should focus on the UDDI entities, what their purpose is and how they interrelate and ultimately how the JAXR structures map to these entities.

Is it necessary to learn SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI to that extent?

Post-SCDJWS the UDDI/JAXR component does seem a bit much but that's mainly because UDDI hasn't been adopted that widely. However WSDL is what the service contract is expressed (defined) in and SOAP is the basis of the messages that the WSDL service contract describes - so yes it is important to know SOAP/WSDL - even if it is simply to understand why SOAP/WSDL is not a good match for some problems. And interestingly enough the non-Java component of the exam is the part with the wider applicability (and which is the most useful).

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic