• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EJB Integration for SCEA Part1

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Every one !!

I�m reading and working on Chapter 17 (EJB Integration) from ED Roman Book... and found a lots of Listed API, like the J2EE Connector API and others information�s .... My question is : do we have to memorize all those API (and J2EE Connection Architecture steps ) for the exam Part 1 ? or it�s just a simple comprehension of the main idea on EJB Integration ?

You reply would be much appreciated, and thank you so much in advance for your response

My Best Regards,

Rania

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You dont have to go too deep. But you will be asked about the key life cycle methods. For example - what do you do in ejbPassivate() ?

rania ferrag
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi John,

Thank you so much For your answer, that will really help me to review the EJB before the exam (my exam is for next April) , and if you don�t mind to answer my next question it�ll much appreciated .... What�s the best way to study EJB and make a good review before the exam, for people that have no experience before working with EJB ? I�m java developer, work on various projects that use Java,J2EE, struts, XML, Design Pattern ....and did the Architecture modeling for many projects but never used EJB in my work Experience.
I have almost a month working on ED Fowler book, trying to get the max comprehension of EJB but it�s indeed hard to swallow all the theories in the Book without previews experience .. What do you advice me on doing good review of EJB using the Book that I have (ED Fowler) ? any new Mock Exam link that you may have will also really help me to test my knowledge and find the sections that I still have to review them again ... My exam is coming soon, so your response and advices would be so help full and appreciated !!

Thank you again so much for your help

My Best Regards,

Rania

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Rania,

Regarding JCA - J2EE connector arch. you should only need to know that when and where you will use JCA in your System.
Where generally JCA required to be used when you want to use heterogeneous third party Enterprise Information System (EIS) like SAP / legacy storage. So, you will need one resource adapter to adapt the new system and connect to it.

All the leading Application Container like WAS / Weblogic etc follows the JCA standards and whoever follows that, these container could connect to those components. Actually Resource Adapter is the bridge between the j2ee appn. and the EIS system.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Manish

rania ferrag
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you Manish four your answer !! I noticed that I did a mistake on the Author name of the EJB book that I mentioned in my previews post .. it�s ED Roman (not Ed Fowler, I mix it with Martin Fowler UML book ..) so sorry for that..
Do you have a good links for mock exam for EJB ? or SCEA test Part 1 in general?

Thank you again for your time and consideration,

Regards,

Rania

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic