• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

If I don't have enough experience to do part II/III ...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I was working with Java for 4 year, mainly as developer, sometimes as "vice" architect, say I have not much exp. on "architect related". But I do want to be software architect which SCEA is my first step.

I want to pass the exam (off course ), lack of exp, I surely need samples. As many said Mark Cade's book is good guideline, sample. I think my real projects won't be good sample for me because it look quite different to Cade's design. But Cade's book is just one, I would like 2 or 3 sample.

@ rancher who have passed the exam: Could you please show us (me and/or ranchers who are doing part II) the good sample design that Sun would expect (Cade's style I think). I don't mean the real FBN.

I hope my proposal is not stupid.

Thanks and regards,
huyanh

Hope that you can understand my english

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
My advice for you is: Don't worry about Cade's style or Cade architecture like. Your assumptions and fealings about the architecture is much more important than some educational book on Sun certification.

My design has been not based in the cade's style, actually, my architecture has been based in the design and architectures that I've created along the years, and I could be approved in the cert. The best tip about how to create a valuable architecture for the SCEA exam, is, follow the RUP software architecture document. I've used the 4+1 vision from RUP, which is a very nice scratch to design your architecture. Most of all, try to create a architecture that developers and designers could realize the use cases, mitigating gaps of detailed information.

Good luck!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic