• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCEA5-Beta-Part II Question

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have few questions on the way people are approaching part-2
- Is anyone using EJB3 Persistence ? If so, are you showing EntityManager and related classes in the class diagram ?
- What level of detail should go in class diagram ? All classes from all tiers ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards
Anirudh

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
So, on a JEE 5 architect examination, could you see a reason NOT to use the EJB3 persistence and an Entity Manager?

I'm being a bit facetious, but I'm not going to have any .Net components on my design, because that probably wouldn't impress the people at Sun too much. Conversely, to not use some of the most important features of JEE 5 in an enterprise architecture, such as JSF or the Entity Manager, well, I'm not saying it would be wrong, but I do think you'd have to have some very strong justifications for your decisions.

Remember, this exam is not only about knowing how to architect a solution, but it's about knowing how to properly leverage the new and important features of JEE 5.

Mark Cade's SCEA book has about 2.5 times the number of classes that the base class diagram provides. He includes about a dozen Java classes, and 3 SLSBs. He mentions "At this point, attributes and operations have not been added to the classes because that information will be done during the detailed design." I've heard the number of classes on people's designs ranging from 20 - 30. Remember, there are no right answers - only wrong answers. As long as you don't get a wrong answer, you're ok.

I noticed no persistence classes or view layer components (servlets) listed on Cade's class diagram. Of course, who knows what type of mark he got on his final submission?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Is there any tutorials and articles on J2EE Security. I am looking for quick and abstract tutorials.

Thanks in advance.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's not quick, but Java Security is a big topic, and Chapter 5 of Core Security Patterns, which is the J2EE Security Architecture chapter, covers what you need to know in only 56 pages, so that's what I recommend. However, you may need to at least skim chapters 2 (Basics of Security), 3 (The Java 2 Platform security) and 4 (Java Extensible security Architecture and APIs) to fully understand chapter 5.

I don't normally post links to my own posts, but for the second time today one of my old posts applies, so here is the link:
Core Security Patterns

Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As this post gets completely hijacked from it's original topic, I'd like to make the off topic comment that I've enjoyed your eclectic programmer posts.

-Cameron McKenzie

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic