• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Are we allowed to share the SCEA Beta II assignments now?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Wondering we can talk about the assignment was given to us beta tester.

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Nope.

The non-disclosure agreement is perpetual.

The final SCEA exam will resemble the beta tests - simply with a few things added in, a few things taken out, and any errors or typos not caught the first time around removed. Correspondingly, talking about it would compromise the value of the SCEA 5 exam when it finally comes out.

-Cameron McKenzie

SK Bala
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If thats case it is too bad:-(

How do we learn from each other and grow? How do we get different perspective on a given problem? What is the purpose of this forum then?

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by SK Bala:
How do we learn from each other and grow? How do we get different perspective on a given problem? What is the purpose of this forum then?

The purpose of the forum is to discuss generalizations regarding the assignment, to suggest courses of study for those who are looking for where to start on preparing for the SCEA, and other suggestions that do not give away the problem set.

If you look through the forum's past topics, you'll see a collection of generalized requests for help - nothing that specifically touches on the problem assignment too deeply. If we all offered up what we knew about the assignments, if we all gave limitless help on the matter, then the exam itself would be useless as a way to prove what one does or does not know about being an architect. It would become an exercise in how well you can do research, which is not what this is about.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by SK Bala:
If thats case it is too bad:-(

IMO, we must invest much effort to grow . I don't think we'll easily grow from just discussion about the SCEA assignment.

SK Bala
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with both of you.

This forum is not the only place (heck no!) we learn to grow:-), what I meant was this is one of the platform were we all share common goal.

Sun (SCEA test) is growing/learning from getting experience and beta testing their SCEA product. We can certainly learn from the different assignments given to us. I did not think assignments were same for each and every one (big assumption!) and final assignment might not be matching exactly to any of the given assignments (again my big assumption).

I think for original SCEA exam, there is so much discussion that you already know problem domain just by browsing forum. There are good pointers to the solution also.

Anyways that is the reason I asked upfront whether it is allowed or not. Now I know the answer.

Thanks Guys!
[ December 28, 2007: Message edited by: SK Bala ]

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic