• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Do we need to show Attributes in class diagram

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I wanted to know if you need to show attributes and operation. I know for sure that you need to show operation in class diagram that is used in sequence diagram.

So do they expect us to "completely" formulate all the attributes and operation or just mention as and when used in any diagram (keeping in mind that if i use a operation name in sequence diagram ONLY THEN i need to metion in class diagram). Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

Pravin Kumar

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Pravin Kumar:
Hi all,

I wanted to know if you need to show attributes and operation. I know for sure that you need to show operation in class diagram that is used in sequence diagram.

So do they expect us to "completely" formulate all the attributes and operation or just mention as and when used in any diagram (keeping in mind that if i use a operation name in sequence diagram ONLY THEN i need to metion in class diagram). Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

Pravin Kumar

It is not mandatory to show attributes or operations in your class diagram. I did not show either attributes or operations but still used operations in my sequence diagram. If you plan to show the class diagram at a conceptual level then you can omit attributes and operations and include them only at key places.

Good luck

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic