• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCEA 5/1 - WS Sandobox question

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
EJB's that are exposed as Web Services run in a restricted container outside of the standard EJB container.

- FALSE It runs in the same sandbox as other EJBs.

Question : and what about WS ? (that are not mandatory to run into app servers ?)

- how does it work ?

tkks!

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Steven,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you talking about a web service that is running stand-alone? In which case, if there is no container, then it is not running in a sandbox with anything else (because it is stand alone), and whatever sandbox it is running in (if it is even running in one) is defined by the developer of the stand alone web service.

This would be fairly unusual though, as normally you would want your web service to connect to other objects (whether data sources or applications), and you would normally want the security and sandboxing capabilities that a container will give you.

Plus you would normally not want to build everything from scratch.

So probably I am missing the question.

By the way - are these questions from a mock exam? And if so, which one? How are you finding it (I suspect it is not good given the number of questions you are raising)?

Regards, Andrew

Steven Colley
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Right..the main question was about a WS running outside of app server...if there would is the concept of having a WS still running in a "sandbox"...

isn't there this concept if the WS run as standalone ? and what about security issues ?

With regards to the questions...yes..from epractice exam from Sum ...
In fact this is a good tool...but there are few explanations you see....and I'm trying to confirm some of them since I've been studying alone you see

Tks so much Andrew!! ;-)
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic