• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Has anyone purchased Whizlab new simulator for scea 5

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Has anyone purchased Whizlab's new simulator for SCEA 5.0? Please let me know your feedback on the same

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Has it even been released yet?

-Cameron McKenzie

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Cameron Wallace McKenzie:
Has it even been released yet?

-Cameron McKenzie

http://www.whizlabs.com/scea/scea-details.html
they're mentioning 310-052, and you're able to find some question regarding webservices and JSF on the trial download.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Even though they display the new cert#, I still see revision notes in the trial download mentioning EJB 1.1 & 2.1. I would wait till they make an official anouncement before buying.

Rodrigo Cunha
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I forgot to mention, the trial says SCEA 5.

Rodrigo Cunha
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Whizlabs just replied to my email:

Dear Rodrigo,

We have released SCEA 5 on 3rd June.

Have a nice day!

Originally posted by Rodrigo Cunha:

Ajay Singh Rathore
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Strange to see that out of so many SCEA aspirants no one has purchased the new Wizhlab's simulator for SCEA 5. Is there anyone?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

I have been evaluating SCEA5 exam simulators provided by Whizlabs and Epratize labs..

The simulator provided by Epratize labs is good as it seems to have lot of questions about the new SCEA5 syllabus as well as they have a 50% discount offer going on where you can purchase the SCEA Part 1,2 &3 for around $100.. The only drawback I found while evaluating their trial demo was that their explanation for answers was ok it was not elaborative.

The number of questions offered is 692.. Also they give 200% pass guarantee where they will give you full refund as well as 100% of any next product you buy..

Whizlabs seems to have just come up with the simulator in hurry.. The number of questions are around 400 .. But good points are that their answer explanations are good.. The pricing is same for SCEA part 1 its around $100..

Can someone who has used any of their old SCEA exam simulators suggest which one to buy ? Please ..

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Paren

Rodrigo Cunha
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Paren Parikh:
Hello,

I have been evaluating SCEA5 exam simulators provided by Whizlabs and Epratize labs..

The simulator provided by Epratize labs is good as it seems to have lot of questions about the new SCEA5 syllabus as well as they have a 50% discount offer going on where you can purchase the SCEA Part 1,2 &3 for around $100.. The only drawback I found while evaluating their trial demo was that their explanation for answers was ok it was not elaborative.

The number of questions offered is 692.. Also they give 200% pass guarantee where they will give you full refund as well as 100% of any next product you buy..

Whizlabs seems to have just come up with the simulator in hurry.. The number of questions are around 400 .. But good points are that their answer explanations are good.. The pricing is same for SCEA part 1 its around $100..

Can someone who has used any of their old SCEA exam simulators suggest which one to buy ? Please ..

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Paren

I was wondering how would they have a "What customers have to say" section on their website to a "just released" product.

Paren Parikh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Rodrigo,

I understand that as these products are new their won`t be any referrals or recommendation on it. My request is for the people who would have used any of there earlier SCEA simulators ? So that I can gauge which product to buy. The decision can be taken in favour of product with better past history.

Can any of the moderators or senior members enlighten us..

Thanks.

Cheers
Paren

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For me, the explanation for answers is much more important than answer itself, it also shows the reason why the exam interested in that question. So, Whizlabs makes more sense for me.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There is no discount offered by Whizlabs...Generally they offer a discount of 35%. When i asked they said a plain "NO". As the exam simulators are new as SCEA5-i believe many people are in wait and watch situation(let the dust settle down).

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I recently purchased the whizlabs exam simulator.
This weekend I took the "diagnostic" exam which, according to the online help, is the hardest exam in the simulator. This exam is supposed to show your strengths and weaknesses. And showing my weaknesses it certainly did. Even though I had a score of 73 percent (47 out of 64 correct answers), there were also three sections of the exam that I failed. So I know what to do now.
I can tell you that it had questions on JSF, webservices, EJB3, ...
What I liked most is that I could review my incorrect answers after the exam was finished and get a detailed explanation of why which answer was either correct or incorrect.
I haven't tried the ePractize stuff yet and I probably won't because 100 euros is plenty ! Anyway, I am happy I purchased it. It gives me valueable feedback.

Regards
[ June 23, 2008: Message edited by: Ronald Wouters ]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I had purchased Whizlab and EPractise lab simulators. I would recommend Whizlab, though it has less no of questions, it has good questions. Between two, I recommend Whizlab but, it's ok to purchase EPractise also. The more you attempt the more your understanding and the more chances of clearing the exam. But, if your preparation is solid (by solid I mean, you really understand each objective under each topic listed for the exam) then, Whizlab is enoguh.

Apart from commercial simulators, there are sources which provide free questions and simulators (like - http://www.javablackbelt.com/QuestionnaireDefDisplay.wwa?questPublicId=00138), you are just a google away!

For more info on SCEA 5 part 1 and preparation, check this - https://coderanch.com/t/156842/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Whizlabs-SCEA-good-enough

Good luck!

Cheers!
--Sannidh--

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I, too, have tried both. Personally I found EPractize more difficult than Whizlabs. However, as was previously mentoined, sometimes the answers are a little short.

Whizlabs on the other hand suffers of poor English. Sometimes you inevitably will misunderstand the question (if you even understand what was asked). Same with the answers. The answers are more elaborate, true. Still, of how much use is a lengthy answer when you can't understand it?

Both, however, are acceptable simulators. One big downside with Whizlabs being that you can just install it twice before you're forced to buy a new key.

/Daniel

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I recently purchased the Whizlabs simulator. I'll agree with the poor English, but I haven't had any problems understanding the questions. Many of the questions do have spelling errors however. But I really like the detailed explanations of the answers. So far I've found it to be really helpful.
[ September 23, 2008: Message edited by: Anton Coverdale ]

Bartender
Netbeans IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I purchased whizlabs a week back. It does have questions about JSF, Webservices. I decided to buy this as I do not have any experience on JSF and webservices. I took the diagnostic exam and it was good. Overall, I would say its good but not great considering the cost. The Revision Notes were very good, but the glitch is that the revision notes haven't been updated for SCEA 5.
Try the trial version before you decide to buy. That will give you an idea of how the topics are covered.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I had purchased Whizlab SCEA 5.0 simulator. The questions are good and the explanation given are good to clear your concepts. But in comparision to actual SCEA 5.0 exam, simulator questions are very easy. I don't have any idea about E-Practize simulator.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I had taken the beta exam (missed it by 1 question).

I purhased the whizlabs SCEA5 exam and have recently taken part 1 exam. The whizlabs questions I had taken were perfect for the Beta.

The good news: I found the Whizlabs questions were generally as difficult as the real exam.

The bad news: The real exam asked a lot of questions in areas that whizlabs never covered.

In the end I passed.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic