• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Inconsistencies in pay for itinerary?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the Pay for itinerary UC

The Pay for Itinerary UC is called from the Prepare Itinerary UC only if I understood it correctly. This means that it acts on the current just prepared (priced and confirmed) itinerary.

I wonder why the credit card payment flow acts on this itinerary, but choosing to pay with award miles involves selecting an existing itinerary with their price? Isn't it the same current itinerary that we are about to pay?

Also the "Customer not logged in" returns a list of itineraries.

Other inconsistency:

In the alternative flow "Customer Selects Award Travel", one of the steps is "Customer selects award travel", which is unnecessary since we *already found the condition* that the customer selected to pay with Award Travel (that's why we entered this alternate flow).
How about this?

Regards,
Gabriel

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey there,

Regarding your questions my own interpretation is that the 'Basic Flow' of 'Pay for Itinerary' commences just after the user has selected which itinerary to pay for. In 'Award Travel' they take one step back from this. Yes, it is confusing. They are deliberately trying to be confusing!

Regarding 'Award Travel' you should see my previous post for an answer to this: https://coderanch.com/forums/f-26/java-Architect-SCEA

I believe that "Customer selects award travel" means they actually click the button to execute this. In other words, the web page will have 2 buttons, one saying 'Pay with Card' and the other saying 'Award Travel'.

John

Gravity is a harsh mistress. But this tiny ad is pretty easy to deal with:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic