• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Login component

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Do we need to show a login component even when using JAAS ?

thanks
Ashish

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What/who is your authentication provider. You might want to wrap for example LDAP authentication or OS authentication in Login component

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ashish Sarin:
Hi,

Do we need to show a login component even when using JAAS ?

thanks
Ashish

Well your solution should mention that you are using JAAS somewhere. If you do not choose to show login details in sequence or component diagrams, you should at least mention these details in the documentation (which I would not recommend).

A short answer would be - yes.

Ashish Sarin
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Showing the login component in Component diagram is fine but which component I will show to be dependent upon the login component when using JAAS ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Is this whole forum full of people hysterically over-reacting to the assignment requirements?

What is with 'solution documentation'? You don't need any. It says in black and white what you need to submit:
-a single class diagram
-a single component diagram
-a sequence/activity diagram for each use case
-a list of assumptions
-an index.html with links to the above.

what is with people including all this other stuff? Authentication documentation? Database schemas? I have seen other people talking about preparing these whole documents to go with the solution.

I have put one single example of re-directing to the 'create profile' and 'log in' use cases on my sequence diagrams. I have not supplied those use cases, it is not in the requirements. This is a J2EE app. You dont need to riddle your code or diagrams with authentication stuff.

j

Deepak Bala
Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

what is with people including all this other stuff? Authentication documentation? Database schemas? I have seen other people talking about preparing these whole documents to go with the solution.

Thats not a bad thing. Documenting assumptions with the solution can add clarity. It is up to the candidate to decide what info needs to be added to represent a complete solution.

I have put one single example of re-directing to the 'create profile' and 'log in' use cases on my sequence diagrams. I have not supplied those use cases, it is not in the requirements. This is a J2EE app. You dont need to riddle your code or diagrams with authentication stuff.

That should suffice as long as you feel the reviewer can understand your design. Good luck

John Summers
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your measured reply John.

Sorry I kind of went off on on with my original post. I do actually think that a lot of people in this forum go way, WAY too far with their submission and go totally over the top. I always thought the whole point was that your design should be obvious from your diagrams, and if it's not then change the diagrams!

there again... i haven't submitted yet.
jj

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic