• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Retake of Part II if failed

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to take the old SCEA Part II again ( i.e., upload the assignment ) if failed in part II/III ? My question is specifically for the SCEA old exam which has expired now.

thanks
Ashish

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think Sun support would be the best source of information for that. A retake came under a different code from what I remember. I am not sure if they will allow candidates to retake under that code. Check with them to be sure

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am also on the same boat, my SCEA part 2 exam is expiring on 28 August and I am doing my best to pass the exam to avoid retake...

Ashish Sarin
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Part 2 exam can't expire before 31 Dec 2008. Its Part III exam voucher that has expiry date.

Jiten Taluja
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks buddy but are you sure? Based on your reply I recently sent mail to who2contact@central.sun.com and the mail content is as under:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased the SCEA Part 2 old exam on Aug 28 2007 and downloaded the assignment on Aug 29 2007. Please let me know if I need to upload the assignment before Aug 28 2008, since my 1 year will be over and my exam might expire.

Let me know if 1 year expiration is valid only on the vouchers or also on the SCEA Part 2 assignments. If 1 year expiry is not applicable on the assignment upload then what is the maximum date I can upload the SCEA Part 2 old exam.

This is very important for me, because based on your answer I will act accordingly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ August 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jiten Taluja ]

Ashish Sarin
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well I am sure about this. I think I also bought the SCEA II assignment in 2007 sometime (probably March 2007). I thought I will complete it in a month or so. But.... happens, and I couldn't even go thru the assignment before April, 2008. I was under the impression that I can't take part II because the old exam had expired. I saw a discussion thread in this forum, which mentioned that SCEA II assignment can be taken before 31 Dec, 2008. The part III voucher is the same for all the exams therefore it doesn't matter whether I have the voucher for SCEA Part III or not.

This is the email I received from Sun in June, 2008:
---------------------------------------------
Hi Ashish

Kindly note that if you have procured your Old SCEA Assignment before 29th February 2008 then you can complete/ submit the Assignment before December 2008. Subsequently if you submit your Assignment before December 2008 then you can write the Old SCEA Essay exam but then the same should also be completed by December 2008
-----------------------------------------------------

HTH
Ashish

Jiten Taluja
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Ashish you have saved my sleepless nights , lets see what they respond to me.
[ August 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jiten Taluja ]

Jiten Taluja
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Ashish,

SUN responded with the following:

The SCEA v1 was retired on February 28, 2008 with the release of the new SCEA 5. You have until December 31, 2008 to complete all parts of this certification.

If you have not purchased the SCEA v1 Part 3 essay exam (310-061), you may still purchase this exam through the Sun Training Registrar in your country. The exams are not available for purchase online.

Please use the link below to obtain the contact information for the Sun Registrar in your country:

http://www.sun.com/training/world_training.html

The retired SCEA v1 did not have a time limit for completion, so you do not have to complete the assignment within one year of purchase.

I've read about this kind of thing at the checkout counter. That's where I met this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic