• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Took the test today

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
Just finished the test today and here's some feedback for those with limited time to study:
Concentrate FULLY on entity and session beans. Know them inside out.
This includes:
- lifecycle
- their APIs
- differences between the 2 bean types
- remote and local beans
For those in need of time, you may SKIP message beans, not many questions on message beans came out for my test.
Security stuff may be skipped too but at your own risk.
EJBQL - quite a couple of qns on that and mostly drag and drop. I remember a very tricky one and it took me about 5 min to answer that qn. A tip: Jot down your answers for DnD qns cuz your answers are reseted every time you attempt to check your answers. A lot of time is spent on EJBQL qns so be well prepared.
Be well versed in transactions - if you understand them at the back of your head, it's guarenteed giveaway questions.
Study the deployment descriptor THOROUGHLY cuz many questions ask for that pertaining to transactions, persistence, resource environment, security, etc. And be clear whose role is responsible for which task. Quite a couple of confusing questions on who is responsible for certain tasks - some tasks do overlap so pick the more likely role.
In conclusion, know your ENTITY and SESSION beans well in order to pass. For those lucky ones with more time, study EVERYTHING in the SPECS.
Good luck!

Ranch Hand
MySQL Database Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Mathew, actually I was in search of some tips like this.

Matthew Anderson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ashik,
You are most welcome . I wish to thank you for your excellent compilation notes too. It helps me a lot in my preparation.
All the best to your exam!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic